¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Prints from the Past

:: click pic to enlarge ::

I was digging through my portfolio the other day and thought I would share with you a print I did before beginning this blog. This print is one of the lithographs I did while I was a post-baccalaureate student at Studio Art Centers International in Florence, Italy from 2007-2008. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to experience such a completely different printmaking process than what I currently do! In the print shown above, I used gouache and litho crayon, as well as colored wire which I sewed into my print to create an interesting texture. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, although the subject was extremely different from anything I had ever done before.

I also posted some pictures below of the lithography studio at SACI.


:: view of the 200+ yr. old litho press ::

:: you can see some of the litho stones in the foreground ::


Fun Fact :: Palazzo dei Cartelloni, SACI's home, was remodeled as a residence in the 17th century for the mathematician Vincenzo Viviani, who had been a pupil of the astronomer and scientist Galileo Galilei....I miss living in a place steeped in SO much history! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...